The purpose of Omega Discipleship Ministries is to help
believers grow into mature devoted disciples of Jesus Christ through intentional
discipleship training. We have prepared resources to help turn seekers into
believers, believers into disciples, and disciples into
Our approach is based on the conviction that making
disciples is central to our Lord’s last command and therefore should be
the first priority of the Church. This is more than just winning converts. It is
also taking these converts on to maturity.
We believe that discipleship training should be intentional
and deliberate rather than random and occasional. Jesus has told us to
‘teach them to observe all that I have commanded you’, and this we
believe should be done in a deliberate and intentional way rather than just
hoping it might happen automatically in the midst of other church activities.
The aim is not just to win converts or to entertain believers. It is to
‘make disciples’. Only making disciples fulfills the Great Commission.
(To see how effectively your church is doing this, click
here to download a free copy of the 'Church Disciple-making
The Three C's
Omega Discipleship Ministries has come into being because of the urgent need to help churches and individual Christians get back to this central purpose of making disciples. We have prepared resources to help you in this process. These resources are designed on the basis that discipleship training should not only be intentional, but should also be:
Discipleship should be more than just a 6-week course for
new Christians taking them through the basics of the Christian life in a
straight line series and leaving it at that. It should be cyclical, not linear.
It should also be comprehensive and continuous. It is not enough to just cover
the basics. We should take believers on a journey around a cycle over an
extended period of time to help them grow into mature disciples of Jesus
themselves, and then show them how to go on to disciple others in the same way.
This cyclical training should be operating continuously like a dynamo at the hub
and core of the church’s life so that disciples and disciple-makers are
constantly being made.
(To view these materials, click on the ‘Resources’ bar)
Introducing Ian & Diane Malins (Australia) . . .
Ian Malins, the author
of these materials, is a Bible-teacher, pastor, and author of many training
courses and study books being used across Australia, New Zealand, the South
Pacific Islands and elsewhere. He and his wife Diane were formerly
Bible-teachers on the staff of the Christian Leaders’ Training College of Papua
New Guinea for 14 years (an interdenominational college), followed by 10 years
of pastoral ministry in several Australian churches. Diane too has worked
alongside Ian as a Bible-teacher and is a gifted speaker with a ministry of
exhortation and encouragement. The heart of their ministry is discipleship
training and over recent years they have used their resources actively in
discipling, mentoring others, training leaders, and helping to establish
discipleship training within local churches and the wider Body of Christ.
They are available to conduct seminars & training
workshops in your church to help you catch the vision and get started. They can
be contacted via the contacts page.
John Fuller has spent his working life as an educationalist.
He was a lecturer for 8 years at the Wellington Teacher’s College, has spent
several years in Papua New Guinea as the educationalist in the Christian
Leader’s Training College, and for the past 18 years has been head of a large
section in the Correspondence School of New Zealand. Over these years John has
also been actively involved in church ministry and has developed a passion to
see young people and older Christians become more mature disciples of Jesus
Christ. This has led him to join with Omega Discipleship Ministries, using his
wide background experience to promote discipleship training particularly in New
Zealand but also further a field. He can be contacted via the contacts
Introducing Rita Eller (USA) .
Rita Eller studied with Christian Life School of Theology and Beacon University, earning her Master’s Degree in Theology. She has served in various church ministries over the years and has a passion to see God’s people grow up and become a clear reflection of Jesus. She is partnering with Omega Discipleship Ministries in order to facilitate widespread use of this discipleship program throughout the United States and Canada. She can be contacted via the contacts page.
Omega Discipleship Ministries is an evangelical, interdenominational ministry to the wider Body of Christ with the primary purpose of helping equip churches and believers to grow mature devoted disciples of Jesus Christ through intentional discipleship training.
We believe in:
• The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
• One God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• Our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and His personal return in power and glory.
• The Salvation of lost and sinful humanity through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
• The Holy Spirit, who brings spiritual life, and through whose indwelling and infilling the believer is enabled to grow in godliness, live a holy life, and is equipped and empowered to witness, work and serve the Lord Jesus Christ.
• The Church both local and worldwide in its varying expressions as the Body of Christ, and the underlying unity of the Spirit of all true believers.
• The Resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those that are saved to a resurrection of everlasting life, those that are lost to a resurrection of everlasting separation from God.
• The urgency of fulfilling the Great Commission mandate of reaching those yet outside the Kingdom of God with the message of salvation and making converts into mature and devoted disciples of Jesus Christ.